Best in Class: Essential Wisdom from Real Student Writing
Funny and strange moments from 25 years of student writing captured in 200 pieces of essential wisdom.
A hilarious book for anyone who has muddled through a school writing assignment: From the very first week of Tim Clancy's 25-year career as a high school English teacher, he began to notice and collect funny and strange moments he discovered in his students' writing. For example, his students wrote, "The word 'witch' has become a household word, like 'spatula,'" and "Wherever excitement is, there will always be romance. Trust me." He would occasionally share them with his classes, who enjoyed them as much as he did, and Best in Class was born.
- Best in Class collects nearly 200 of the most entertaining pieces of wisdom selected from real student writing and complemented by dozens of playful illustrations.
- Laugh out loud funny for teachers and former students alike.
- Tim Clancy taught high school English in Michigan's Upper Peninsula for more than 25 years where he was lucky to have students impart tokens of wisdom in his writing assignments.
- A perfect coffee table, bathroom, or bar top conversation-starting book
- Makes a great graduation, teacher appreciation, and teacher retirement gift